Out of an abundance of caution due to novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), all City of Portsmouth Planning Department offices are currently physically closed to the public. However, our staff is still working and is here to assist you virtually. The public is encouraged to use the city’s online options for services.
Visit this page for more details regarding virtual meetings and status.
Applicants are encouraged to contact staff via email or phone.
Meetings held virtually in the Microsoft Teams application
1st Tuesday of each month
- View the meeting at http://www.portsmouthva.gov/planningstream
- Or listen to the meeting by calling 804-294-1932 Conference ID: TBD
- Members of the public may provide comments on specific agenda items by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the hearing date.
- Members of the public wishing to speak on items during the meeting are asked to pre-register by email at email@example.com or by calling 757-393-8836 prior to the meeting.
Note: Applications and all supporting materials must be received eight (8) weeks prior to the meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Agenda Items for October 6, 2020 Meeting COMING SOON
- Albert Williams, Chairman
- Amy Thompson, Vice Chairman
- Peter Youngblood
- Occasio Gee
- Sherri Thaxton
- Donna Coleman
The Commission’s primary responsibility is to make recommendations to the City Council on matters related to comprehensive and current planning and land use development.