Out of an abundance of caution due to novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), all City of Portsmouth Planning Department offices are currently physically closed to the public. However, our staff is still working and is here to assist you virtually. The public is encouraged to use the city’s online options for services.
Visit this page for more details regarding virtual meetings and status.
Applicants are encouraged to contact staff via email or phone.
- 3 p.m.
- 1st Wednesday of each month
- Meetings held virtually in the Microsoft Teams application.
- Or listen to the meeting by calling 804-294-1932 Conference ID: TBD
- Parties wishing to provide comments on specific agenda items may send comments via fax to 757-393-5223, or by mail to the Planning Department, 801 Crawford Street, Portsmouth, Virginia 23704, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit correspondence prior to the public hearing day.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Donald Smith - Chairman
- Rich Calvert - Vice Chairman
- Ellen Comstock
- Patrick Goold
- Jennifer Monument
- Douglas Union
The Board endeavors to preserve and prevent the despoliation of Portsmouth’s wetland areas while accommodating necessary economic development and shoreline stabilization in a manner consistent with wetland preservation.