Three new and easier ways to pay your Portsmouth Public Utilities bill!
Pay Your Public Utilities Bill Online
Pay your bill with your credit card (Discover, Visa, and MasterCard accepted) or personal check.
- View the pay utility bill online page
- Follow the instructions
Note: have your credit card or personal check information and Utility account number ready
Over the Phone
You may call 757-393-5008 to use the automated phone system.
Use our electronic debiting service! To enroll in the electronic payment program:
- Complete, sign and return an Authorization Agreement Form (PDF) for each account you wish to have paid electronically.
- Return the completed and signed Authorization Form (PDF) to us with a voided check (No Starter Checks) for the bank account you would like your payments deducted from.
- Mail these to us at:
Portsmouth Department of Public Utilities
P.O. Box 490
Portsmouth, VA 23705
- If you change names, addresses, banks or bank account numbers a new agreement(s) will be required.
- Note: Do not mail the authorization form and voided check with your bill!
On time payment! No check writing! No postage cost! To participate in bank drafting, you will need to provide the following information to the Public Utilities Department:
- Bank Account Number
- Bank Routing Number
- Bank Account type (Checking, Savings, etc)
- Signed Electronic Payment Authorization form