Training and Development
Employee Training and Professional Development
The City of Portsmouth is committed to providing training opportunities and continued professional development of employees. Through our Training and Development Programs, which includes our five series of training track, employees at all levels within the City are provided with opportunities to learn new and/or improve on existing skills and behaviors. Each training series will include 7 to 8 topics.
- Provide systematic training and development programs which promote and develop effective leadership, management and employee participation, accountability and performance improvement.
- Create, promote and foster an organizational environment that values development, diversity and growth opportunities for all employees.
- Provide development opportunities that enhance knowledge, skills and abilities that enrich the City of Portsmouth.
- Provide individuals and the City with the tools to respond effectively to customer needs as well as current and future demands for service.
- Promote, support and leverage technology resources and tools to improve and enhance workflow efficiency and improve customer service.
- Designed to enhance and develop leadership for continued success on all levels.
Training participant's post training feedback will help us to improve our training and professional development program. Participant feedback can be submitted via link here. Below topics are some of the courses within each training series.
*More information to follow
Workforce Development Training Series
(2 hrs each)
Service with Excellence Customer Service Training Series (2 hrs each)
Communicate with Excellence Training Series (2 hrs each)
Professional Development Training Series
(4 hrs each)
(4 hrs each)
|Team Building||Exceptional Customer Service||Active Listening||Adv Presentation Skills||Effective Supervision|
|Career Mapping||S+ Attitude||Assertive Communication||SMART Goals||Peer Coaching|
|Time Management||Multicultural Customer Service||Feedback||Work Ethic||Problem Solving|
|Valuing Diversity||Competing Demands||Mattering||Conflict Management||Total Quality Management|
|Self-Engagement||Assumption and Perception||Phone Power||Decision Making||Values and Ethics|