Downtown Design Committee
Out of an abundance of caution due to novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), all City of Portsmouth Planning Department offices are currently physically closed to the public. However, our staff is still working and is here to assist you virtually. The public is encouraged to use the city’s online options for services.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN PERSON. APPLICANTS CAN SEND ITEMS BY EMAIL, FEDEX, OR UPS (as appropriate for the application type).
ITEMS SHOULD BE SENT TO
CITY OF PORTSMOUTH
PLANNING DEPARTMENT ATTN: (STAFF MEMBER NAME)
801 CRAWFORD STREET
PORTSMOUTH, VA 23704
Visit this page for more details regarding virtual meetings and status.
Applicants are encouraged to contact staff via email or phone.
- 5:00 p.m.
- 1st Tuesday of each month
- Meetings are being held virtually in the Microsoft Teams application
- View the meeting at www.portsmouthva.gov/ddcstream
- Or listen to the meeting by calling 804-294-1932 Conference ID: 236 504 974#
- Parties wishing to provide comments on specific agenda items, may send comments via fax to 757-393-5223, or by mail to the Planning Department, 801 Crawford Street Portsmouth, Virginia 23704-3822, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit correspondence prior to the public hearing day.
- Meeting Schedule
Note: Applications and supporting materials must be received a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to the meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Ian Vaughan, Chairman
- Jeffrey Butts, Vice Chairman
- Danielle Babcheck
- Quiana Crittenden
- Chris Crowder
- Nathan Lahy
- Dawn Richardson
Downloaded and print off the Certificate of Appropriateness Application Form (PDF).
The Downtown Design Committee is to preserve the character of the downtown design districts via promoting the preservation and restoration of existing structures; and, promoting new structures that compliment the character of the downtown design districts.