Out of an abundance of caution due to novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), all City of Portsmouth Planning Department offices are currently physically closed to the public. However, our staff is still working and is here to assist you virtually. The public is encouraged to use the city’s online options for services.
The Wetlands Board will resume meeting with the July 1, 2020 meeting. The meeting will be held virtually.
Staff is now accepting applications. The deadline for the July 1, 2020 meeting is May 20, 2020.
Visit this page for more details regarding virtual meetings and status.
Applicants are encouraged to contact staff via email or phone.
- 3 p.m.
- 1st Wednesday of each month
- Meetings held virtually in the Microsoft Teams application.
- Click this link to access the Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Or listen to the meeting on the phone by calling 804-294-1932 Conference ID: 702 806 970#
- Parties wishing to provide comments on specific agenda items may send comments via fax to 757393-5223, or by mail to the Planning Department, 801 Crawford Street, Portsmouth, Virginia 23704, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit correspondence prior to the public hearing day.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Steven Baum - Chairman
- Donald Smith - Vice Chairman
- Rich Calvert
- Ellen Comstock
- Patrick Goold
- Jennifer Monument
- Douglas Union
The Board endeavors to preserve and prevent the despoliation of Portsmouth’s wetland areas while accommodating necessary economic development and shoreline stabilization in a manner consistent with wetland preservation.