Portsmouth DMV is Open
Monday - Friday 8:30a - 4:30p
Our office is Walk-In Only. No Appointment Necessary.
The Portsmouth DMV Select cannot issue driver's licenses,
any forms of identification (including REAL ID's),
vital records or administer any type of testing.
For more information on these services, please visit dmvnow.com or call
PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE AT
757-393-8771 WITH ANY QUESTIONS
Here's What a DMV Select Partner Can Do for You!
Note: DMV Select partners conduct secure transactions while you wait. Not all transactions can be completed at DMV Select locations, so check the list below.
- Vehicle Titles and Registrations
- Original (with or without liens), substitute and replacement titles and title maintenance (to change information on title records, adding/removing of names). Original registrations, renewals (including fleets), transfers, re-issues, and plate surrenders.
- License Plates
- Specialized and personalized plate orders, including the issuance of motorcycle, permanent trailer, truck, taxicab and local government use plates.
- Permits and Placards
- Trip permits and overload permits. Original issue of handicapped parking placards.
- Transcript Requests
- Driver transcripts and vehicle transcripts (helpful for those who apply for job where a driver’s transcript is needed initially, submitted periodically or checked by their employer).
- Address Changes - Not involving issuance of a driver's license or ID card.
- E-ZPass - The E-ZPass Standard costs $35 and contains an E-ZPass transponder pre-loaded with $15 that can be used immediately on toll roads in Virginia. This location does not sell the E-ZPass Flex transponder.
- Returned Checks - Full payment of returned check fees.
- Voter Registration Applications
As we work to expand our service commitment to you, if we can be of further assistance, please feel free to call on us. We are honored to be... At Your Service.