Refuse Collection Rules and Regulations
- Garbage cans should be placed out for collection at any time after 5:00p.m the day before collection and by NO LATER THAN 7:00 a.m. the day of collection.
- Trash carts should have at least 3 feet of space between them and other obstacles such as mailboxes, parked cars, bulk, recycling carts etc.
- Empty garbage cans must be removed from the curb by 7:00p.m. the day of collection.
- Overloaded trash cans will not be collected. Trash container lids must be able to close securely.
- All trash placed in the trash cart should be bagged to reduce litter
- Citizen is responsible for cleaning up any loose or unbagged trash that falls out of the trash cart during collection
- Trash lid should be facing the street
- Please do not place paint, oil, hot ashes, or hazardous material inside of trash carts.
- Violations of these rules and regulations may result in fines or assessed penalties on real estate bills.
- When placing boxes out for collection, all boxes must be completely empty. No paper, plastic, Styrofoam, bulk, or trash inside and broken down flat.
- Place boxes in a pile together at curbside for collection by 7:00a.m. on your day of refuse collection. When placing boxes inside of your recycling cart please tear into smaller pieces. Do not put large, folded boxes into your recycling cart.
- if it is not your recycle collection week and you have boxes that need to be collected, you must call in at least one day before your trash day to schedule a cardboard collection.
- Yard Waste (leaves and grass) must be placed in CLEAR PLASTIC BAGS ONLY, not to exceed 20 pounds per bag, and placed at curbside for collection on your normal trash day no later than 7:00a.m.
- A maximum of 20 Yard waste bags will be collected each week.
- Yard waste done and placed out by contractors will not be collected by the city. Contractors or homeowners are responsible for the disposal of any yard waste from contracted jobs.
- Yard waste bags that contain trash, dirt, rocks, or mulch will not be collected.
- Overflow trash are bags of trash that cannot fit inside of your trash can allowing the lid to securely close.
- To have overflow trash bags collected, you must call the Waste Management Dept. at least one day before your trash day to request a collection.
- Overflow bags must be placed out at curbside by 7:00A.M. There is a limit of 5 overflow bags per week that will be collected. All overflow bags must be tied up closed when placed out for collection. *some exceptions are made during major holiday collection periods.
FOR NEW ACCOUNTS:
- Your Water account must be established through the water department prior to calling to request cans
- The person whose name is on the water account is the person who must call in to request the cans.
- Each household is provided One trash can and One Recycle cart.
- Additional cans can be purchased for a one-time fee of $75 per can that will be billed to your water account. There is a limit of one additional trash can and one additional recycle cart per household/unit (for apartments) only. A written request is required to purchase any additional cans. The request must be sent to: email@example.com The email MUST include: Your full name, your address, your telephone number, and the statement that you understand about a one-time fee of $75 PER CAN being applied to your water account
FOR EXISITING ACCOUNTS:
- Call our office at (757) 393-8629 to have your damaged can (trash or recycle) repaired or replaced.
- Cans are serviced ONLY on your collection day. If you are waiting to have a can repaired or replaced, please leave the damaged can at the curbside after it has been dumped until 5:30P.M on your collection days only. Can must be at curbside in order to be repaired or replaced.
- if your can is missing or was stolen, please contact the non-emergency number (757) 393-5300 and file a missing/stolen can report with them first and retrieve the report number from that department. Once you have filed a report, contact the Waste Management department to request a replacement can. The report number is required to replace the can(s).
• There is no exemption from the monthly refuse fee.
• Landlords are responsible for removing all debris from the curb after evictions.
For any additional questions, please contact the City of Portsmouth Waste Management Department at 757-393-8629 .