- Feature Links
- Senior Care Incentive
Senior Care Incentive
American Rescue Plan Act Funding (ARPA) senior care program to stop the spread of Covid 19
If you are a senior age 62 or older, we have a $100 gift card incentive to thank you for fighting the spread of COVID-19 and to offer financial relief. Applications will be accepted May 8, 2023 – May 22, 2023.
How do I qualify?
- Must be age 62 or older (born on or before May 22, 1961)
- Must be a City of Portsmouth resident.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (No Boosters Needed)
How do I Apply?
- Complete an application and return it to the City of Portsmouth for approval.
- Application will be located at the following:
- Social Services, 1701 High St, Portsmouth, VA 23704
- Portsmouth Senior Station, 3500 Clifford St, Portsmouth, VA 23707
- Portsmouth City Hall, 801 Crawford St, Portsmouth, VA 23704
- City of Portsmouth website portsmouthva.gov/seniorgiftcard
- Any City of Portsmouth Library
- Print a hard copy
Where do I return my application?
- Application can return as listed below:
- Social Services drop box at 1701 High St, Portsmouth, VA 23704
- Apply directly online at portsmouthva.gov/seniorgiftcard
- Any Portsmouth City Library
- City Managers Office 6th floor 801 Crawford Street
- Postal mail:
Attention: City Managers Office ARPA $100 Gift Card
P O Box 820,
Portsmouth VA 23705
Our library Staff will:
- Assist with paper copies of the application if there are questions. (We won’t have library staff to handle any online application assistance.)
- Make copies of the required documentation listed on the application.
- Staple all items together for the citizen.
- Accept complete applications.
- Retain the applications at each library until the week of May 22nd, when CM staff pick up all applications simultaneously.
How do I get my gift card?
- Once approved, the City Manager’s office will contact you with the time and convenient location for pickup.
Seniors must turn in a copy of their proof of Portsmouth residency, their vaccine card, and a copy of their state-issued identification card or driver’s license.
Each Qualified Senior will receive a $100 gift card. Fees may apply.
For additional Information: