Senior special assistance for Trash and Recycling Pick-up

Please call 757-393-8629 or email for any Waste Management issues.

This program is designed to help our citizens 65 years and older or physically disabled adults who cannot roll their waste cans to and from the curb.

-Seniors must be 65 and older—or adult citizens 21 and older with disabilities restricting them from rolling their cans to the street.

-Only one waste can will be allowed, and no recycling can will be issued for these participants

-Citizen must live alone, or no physically able person can live at residence. The waste can lid must be completely closed. Also, it must have a Right Of Entry form filed with the City.

- Citizen must not have anyone else in the household physically able to retrieve and replace carts for collection and removal

-Physician must verify that citizen is physically unable to retrieve and replace carts. The attachment must be completely filled out and signed by a doctor.

- Overloaded can lid must close all the way. No overloaded cans with construction material or house “clean-outs” will be allowed. All trash must be in bags. Please allow clear pathways for City workers to access cans.

To request this service, please fill out the attached form. Once completed please call 757 393-8629. Please note your doctor's signature is needed as well.

Application/Right of Entry