Parking Ticket Information
If you receive a parking violation notice, you may within 14 days of issuance:
- Mail the violation notice with a check or money order for the amount indicated to:
Portsmouth City Treasurer
801 Crawford Street
Portsmouth, VA 23704-3872
- Pay with cash, check, money order, American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA, at one of these locations:
City Treasurer’s Office in City Hall, 801 Crawford St., 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM., Monday – Friday
Churchland Branch of the Treasurer’s Office at the Churchland Library, 4934 High Street, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Monday – Friday
A service charge will be applied to credit card transactions.
- Pay by Drop Boxes: Payments by check or money order may be deposited in the drop boxes at either of the above locations.
- Pay online by going to https://www.portsmouthva.gov/131/Online-Payments or call 866-291-6160 to pay with American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA. A credit card convenience fee will be applied.
- Appear within 14 days from the date of issue at Portsmouth General District Court’s Traffic Division, 1345 Court Street, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., to have a court hearing date set. You will need to bring your parking violation, driver’s license, and vehicle’s registration with you.
If you need information concerning a parking ticket you received, you may contact Portsmouth Police Department Records Unit Office at 757-393-8737. If you do not have the ticket, you need to have your vehicle’s license plate number when you place your call.
Vehicles with 3 or more unpaid parking tickets are subject to impoundment.