Right-of-Way Use Permits 

  1. Outdoor Dining
  2. Sidewalk Street Vendor
  3. Parade
  4. Public Assemblies
  5. Expressive Activities
What is an Outdoor Dining Permit?
Outdoor dining permits are issued for outdoor dining facilities on sidewalks in the Downtown, D-1, zoning district, only. This permit must be renewed annually.

Is there a fee?
Yes, there is an $100 application fee. 

How do I apply?
Electronic submission of applications and other materials is encouraged whenever feasible. Applicants can send items by email, US Postal Service, FedEx, UPS, or certified courier (as appropriate for the application type). Or deliver them in person to City Hall at 801 Crawford Street, Portsmouth, Virginia. Click here for submission guidelines.


close carousel