CITY OF PORTSMOUTH
2021-2022 BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
Pursuant to Section 58.1—3378, Code of Virginia, notice is hereby given
BOE FORMAL Appeal applications are accepted April 1 thru 30th, 2021 and
MUST BE RECEIVED IN OFFICE by 5 p.m. April 30, 2021.
The Board of Equalization of the City of Portsmouth, will conduct hearings during the following dates and via pre-scheduled appointments: May 10-28, 2021
- The Board will conduct hearings on filed appeals for the purpose of hearing assessment concerns and in consideration of equalizing real estate assessments in the City and to insure uniform and equitable assessments.
- Applications are available online at www.portsmouthva.gov/168/Official-Forms Or by contacting the Portsmouth City Assessor’s Office
- Applications must be submitted to:
- Board of Equalization, City Assessor, P.O. Box 820, Portsmouth, VA 23705, or emailed to: [email protected] or Fax: 757-393-8177
- Applications must be completed by Owner of Record (per Deed) or Authorized Agent.
- Letter of Authorization may be found on The Assessor’s webpage on the Forms tab.
- Upon receipt of a complete application an appointment will be scheduled at the convenience of the applicant. Please provide a contact number.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applications must provide all requested information and attachments to be deemed complete.
- The City Assessor may request additional information to supplement an application to the Board of Equalization.
- The Board may ask for additional information.
- One application for each parcel being appealed.
- Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodations should call the Office of the City Assessor at (757) 393-8631, at least three (3) working days in advance of the meeting date, so that proper accommodations may be made.